The American Renaissance

Baja Canada del Sur: Comedy and Comment in the Age of Occupation

My Photo
Name:
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas

found done in needlepoint on Mel's Front Porch: I Pledge Alligence to the Constitution of the United States of America. And to the Republic for which it guarantees, One Nation, Undeniable, with Liberty, Truth, and Justice for All.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Moonbase Belltown, Seattle

http://www.smickandsmodoo.com/lyrics/swingin.htm (just if you want to run the music in another window-rightclick and then click play)

Oh would you like to swing from a star,
Carry moonbeams home in a jar,
And be better off than you are --
Or would you rather be a BAT?

A bat is an animal with long funny wings,
she flys out at night to do her things.
Her eyesight's challenged but the radar's fine.
People say she's screechy; that's so out of line.
And by the way if you know just where it's at,
You may grow up to be a bat

And all the monkeys aren't in the zoo -
On the news you see quite a few.
So you see it's all up to you --

You could be better than you are,
You could be swinging on a star!



OOOoooWeee! What trouble one can get into expressing an opinion or two these days! Now I know why Letterman had to open up a computer center to handle the hate mail after he had O'Reilly on.

And I was getting friendly fire! But that's okay, if fairly ironic, considering the topic. To tell the truth, I kind of like being a Moonbat -- lord knows I've been called worse. Beats a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

Not to mention working on this current post led me to a really sweet music website for those of us with dino computers. I am a sucker for an old standard, not to mention ragtime piano. I just wish Mama had a computer; she'd get such a kick!

I guess some folks don't understand there are some of us that do this blogging for the fun of it -- with the sad state of this world, we all need a chance to have a laugh. People, you should think SNL, not Face the Nation when you come to my blog. And while welcoming any and all comments, don't forget when you visit somebody's house, common curtesy is appreciated, and please check your baggage at the door.

Meanwhile, back to Unca Dick; somebody must have been thinking along the same lines as I was (see previous post, near bottom)...this is a great poem, and I want to share: http://withinsight.blogspot.com/2006/02/poetic-justice.html Thanks, e4e, for sending it to me.

Well, it's a fantabulous night for a Moondance, so I must fly away. Later, y'all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

Aw. Meldonna. Can't we all just get along??? :)


I'm a moonbat too. I'm used to it I guess... hope things are going well for you.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

By the way- interested in celebrating corporate appreciation week? We're having a 'blogfest' (see post at Lose The Noose) and more than twenty blogs have signed on to play along. All you have to do is write a post or two about corporate crime, dumping, pollution, safety, discrimination, an expereince you might have had, a story... one post, or fifteen! Doesn't matter, free for all. Just trying to focus on evil doers. If you have time, check it out. Its very low pressure.. more about awareness.

8:47 PM  
Blogger meldonna said...

Hey, Lily! let me throw something up this week. Corporate Appreciation, bah! to paraphrase the Scarecrow...

As for getting along; yeah, I did get a bit pointed. But I just got fed up with arguing apples and oranges. BTW, did you notice when Harry apologized for getting shot, he mentioned it happened Friday, instead of Saturday, as the official line goes?

I know, I should be ashamed for beating a dead quail, er, I mean horse. I guess the whole thing just makes me batty (nyuk, nyuk).

Mark, dear...some beautiful, dark poetry. What part of the Natural State are you in?

sign me
the Rabbit in the Moon

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home