The American Renaissance

Baja Canada del Sur: Comedy and Comment in the Age of Occupation

My Photo
Name:
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas

found done in needlepoint on Mel's Front Porch: I Pledge Alligence to the Constitution of the United States of America. And to the Republic for which it guarantees, One Nation, Undeniable, with Liberty, Truth, and Justice for All.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Wanted: Dead or Alive

Bush made promises he's plumb forgotten
The original problem's still bin Laden
But we really wanna
Remember Osama
Still un-run, un-smoked, and un-gotten

*****************
A quick contest update; I am getting together a small bag of goodies to award the winner. Nothing fancy, so there's no need to worry about the IRS dunning you for taxes.

I'm giving everybody plenty of time to get their entries in; I imagine sometime mid-September for a deadline. And I will be publishing the stand-outs in a regular post.

So like they used to say on Laugh-in, "Sock it to me, baby!"

2 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

First time to your blog, interesting.

What is this contest? A limerick?

I loved you before i met you
I can always love you more
But I will never love you less
Than a one.

But I guess that isn't a limerick.

4:41 AM  
Blogger meldonna said...

There's more on the contest a few posts back, bbc, but the basic idea is to get folks to make a stab at writing a limerick, post it in comments here, and come about mid-September, I'll pull together the best ones on a single post -- and we'll choose a winner.

I think I need to come up with a really bawdy one, and get this party started...profanity, ad hominem attack, and low humor are gleefully encouraged. No sacred cows here.

Here's the original post: http://bajacanadian.blogspot.com/2006/08/nipsey-russell-memorial-front-porch.html

Thanks for stopping by!

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home