The American Renaissance

Baja Canada del Sur: Comedy and Comment in the Age of Occupation

My Photo
Name:
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas

found done in needlepoint on Mel's Front Porch: I Pledge Alligence to the Constitution of the United States of America. And to the Republic for which it guarantees, One Nation, Undeniable, with Liberty, Truth, and Justice for All.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

An American Hero or Two

My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total. I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution.

-- Congresswoman Barbara Jordan, 1974

**********

The President of the United States, a creature of the same Constitution which gave us these Amendments, has undisputedly violated the Fourth in failing to procure judicial orders as required by FISA, and accordingly has violated the First Amendment Rights of these Plaintiffs as well.

We must first note that the Office of the Chief Executive has itself been created, with its powers, by the Constitution. There are no hereditary Kings in America and no power not created by the Constitution. So all "inherent power" must derive from that Constitution.

-- U.S. District Court Judge Anna Diggs Taylor, 2006

Amen, sisters.

8 Comments:

Blogger enigma4ever said...

I love this Judge...she is awesome...brave...and she has honor...PT Cruiser also blogged on her this week- you two are the only ones I know that blogged on her..Thank you...

9:41 PM  
Blogger meldonna said...

Of course, we all know the case is headed to the Supremes...it will be telling whether their allegiance is to the regime; or, perhaps their faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total. Like they swore to when being invested.

It is only the truth that will set us all free.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Dada said...

If these were normaler times with normaler people...well, it will be interesting to see where the Supremes loyalties lie. With "we the people" or "they the assholes".

Now, let get back to seeking my faith.

"It MUST be around here somewhere. Let's see, I KNOW I had it in October,2000."

4:11 AM  
Blogger Spadoman said...

Right On! There might be a few good ones left in government after all.

Batmo on "Lifes Journey" here on the blogs posts links to the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and The Declaration of Independence every Monday. She calls it Constitution Monday.

Sometimes, on those up-at-threeam-can't-sleep-a-wink nights, I click on and read the documents. Many administrations have veered away in some form or other, but this one seems to totally disregard the foundation of America.

Hooray for the men and women who fight the good fight, those you mention in your post.

Betmo is at:

http://betblue.blogspot.com/

4:33 AM  
Blogger azgoddess said...

she is my heroine!!

she stood up the baby bush..and he's crying...so sorry baby bush..NOT!!!

3:46 PM  
Blogger meldonna said...

Dada, right-wing Christian fundamentalists tell us God put all those dinosaur fossils here to "test our faith". I think God put the fundamentalists here to test MY faith. (thanks to Bill Hicks for that one). Keep the faith, dear man...it helps support your hope.

Thanks for the heads up on Betmo, spads -- I hunt up those documents from time to time myself, and every time I read the Constitution again, it freshens up my own hope.

goddess, I only fear I'll be at work and miss the press conference when Shrub finally looses it completely and has to be subdued by his own Secret Service agents trying to strangle a reporter. That day is comin', my friend.

6:48 PM  
Blogger eProf2 said...

Where is Barbara Jordan now that we need here so badly? Why isn't there a clarifying voice like hers around these days? May she rest in peace!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Dada said...

Ooooh, mel, I love the imagery you cast in describing Bush's last public appearance.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home