The American Renaissance

Baja Canada del Sur: Comedy and Comment in the Age of Occupation

My Photo
Name:
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas

found done in needlepoint on Mel's Front Porch: I Pledge Alligence to the Constitution of the United States of America. And to the Republic for which it guarantees, One Nation, Undeniable, with Liberty, Truth, and Justice for All.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

I Got Your War On Terror Right Here

My old running buddies from the Lawson Road Gang already know I'm pointing at my lap (we did get in so much trouble on the high school bus for 'downward motions'), but forevermore! I'm declaring a personal battle against those who would keep Americans so afraid that they forget what makes 'em American.

I ain't afraid of the truth.

I ain't afraid of hearing the truth about the occupation of Iraq.

I ain't afraid of saying that Israel bombing Gaza is like shooting fish in a barrel. And chicken-shit to boost.

I ain't no more afraid of al Queda than I am of the Tim McVay-style seperatists -- and I'm also not afraid to say both have some honest beefs.

I ain't afraid of Dittoheads calling me a liberal. I believe in the Constitution; they believe in a fat draft-dodger 'codone-head who says marriage is sacred (after how many divorces?) and gets busted for artifical dick stiffener.


I sure as hell ain't afraid of Ann Coulter, who seeks publicity for book sales accusing bereaved families of hunting publicity as they seek the truth.

And I sure, as God is my witness, ain't afraid of fighting tooth and nail for the soul of my country: the rule of fucking law.

It's called the Constitution. It's called the Bill of Rights. It's called the guts to stand up and be counted, and not run with the scaredy-cat mob. I refuse to apologize for the fact I live in a country of laws, not men. And I ain't scared to piss some of my oldest and dearest friends off doing so.

Ain't nobody trying to terrorize me except the fuckers going on about the Chicken Little Flu, the fuckers in my own government who think they need to monitor all phone calls, internet, and money, the same calling any honest dissent treason, while meanwhile decimating any efforts to "promote the common welfare" of our country. The same fuckers who are killing our kids' ambitions through their mandatory rote testing while cutting education budgets right and left, meanwhile shipping all our jobs overseas; the same fuckers who bitch about illegal workers while they themselves are the scab illegal cheap-ass employers; the evil fucks who create, through their 'wars' and negligence, astronomical profits for their inefficient construction and oil baron financiers, while killing the very planet we live on...that's who wants me to be scared.

News to the fuckers: I ain't scared.

And I noticed.

10 Comments:

Blogger Dada said...

Mel: That was truly "kick-ass"! God we would so NOT be in this fuckin' mess if America wasn't a nation of chicken littles.

Thanks for expressing the outrage many of us are feeling. (And so eloquently put, I might add.)

9:40 PM  
Blogger meldonna said...

Hey, Da!

I mentioned the situation in Gaza; you might be interested in a blog I came across by a Palestinian doctor living in Gaza:

http://www.fromgaza.blogspot.com/

Dr. Mona gives a pretty clear picture what day-to-day life is like for her and her daughter these days...

Meanwhile, Letterman just mentioned that Ken Lay should be arriving in Hell about right now. I laughed, but God help me, I need to see the body. Mr. Lay's untimely (not) demise seems FAR too convenient.

THT, thanks for chiming in; it's always good to welcome someone new around here, and so glad you enjoy me getting on my soapbox! I do try to inject humor, but I think I'm suffering from the same affliction I've noticed affecting dear Molly Ivins -- it's hard to be funny when everything PISSES YOU OFF!

Then again, there was a bit of amusing news today -- the fella in NYC who blew up his own building? Nothing like a nasty divorce with someone who says 'you'll get my building over my dead body' and means it.

Is this a great country or what?

jes' roamin' while fiddles burn...
*m

12:20 AM  
Blogger Dada said...

mel: Thanks for the link to Dr. Mona's "fromgaza". There's nothing like hearing it straight from the horse's mouth.

After reading there, I went over to
river bend blog. It's written by an Iraqi and gives a glimpse of the real thing in Baghdad. As a result, I'm a little blog breathless. Can't seem to find "the words" to blog about this shit that's only getting worse.

8:27 PM  
Blogger enigma4ever said...

Right On Mel- and I am so fucking sick of these Fuckers trying to fucking scare us of Everything....but here's the thing I think they are fcking scared becuase we ain't falling down their Chicken Little Hole...

You are on Fire Again...in True Flannery style....

4:58 PM  
Blogger No said...

Kick Ass!

3:46 AM  
Blogger meldonna said...

Da...I've had company tonight, but look forward to reading River Bend soon; thanks for the heads-up.

Anybody out there know any Israeli blogs by folks not happy with the new offensive, let me know...it's my understanding not everyone in Israel thinks might is right...

****

Haider -- thank you for chiming in here and leading me back to your own blog. I truly appreciated your thoughts and descriptions on "what an Arab is". Too many uneducated people in my country confuse religion with ethnicity, and too few of us stop to think. I look forward to a world where we get proud of our country over football, but get real about the fact that we are all a family worldwide. A healthy family loves all its members...and I for one cry when any child bleeds or dies. A healthy family reigns in a foolish act...I feel sorry for the soul of Israel, as it demands so much blood for so little. Bear with us Americans -- many of us are going nuts trying to get our own leaders to do the right thing.

****

thanks, Beth, for dropping by.

****

Ms. e4e! Good to see you, and thanks for the support...

Gotta crash; with any luck I'll get to be out on the water tomorrow, for the first time in two years. Ahoy, ye mateys! Savvy?

5:24 AM  
Blogger Spadoman said...

Well stated Mel. although I don't "point" down there, I reach down and grab a handfull and shake it a bit to make my emphasis!

Good to be back. I missed your blog. More later

2:21 PM  
Blogger Spadoman said...

Meldonna, where are you?

5:38 AM  
Blogger eProf2 said...

Hey, will you let me know when you get really pissed? LOL!

2:14 PM  
Blogger meldonna said...

You know, Perfessor, I can't remember when I wasn't pissed, at least as for back as grade school (5th grade, 1973 or so). By the time I was in junior high, my mother started calling me an information junkie. I've never been sure if that was an insult or simple bemusement!

I was lucky enough to grow up in a time in America when we had Schoolhouse Rock on Saturday mornings, that gave us youngsters an opportunity to learn concepts like conjunctions in grammar, and simple civics like a bill becoming law, in fairly non-partisan terms. I particularily loved the one that put the Preamble to music. As I grew up, my politics began to differ somewhat from those of my parents, but those simple tools and tunes we all remember fondly.

I come from pull-yaself-up/bootstraps folk; here lately, I'm finding my own conservative folks coming around to the basic idea that giving all the money and power to the already monied set makes it damn near impossible for the common folk to pursue happiness. It's hard to yank on a bootstrap when you can't afford shoe leather.

But I'm not bitter...

2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home