The American Renaissance

Baja Canada del Sur: Comedy and Comment in the Age of Occupation

My Photo
Name:
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas

found done in needlepoint on Mel's Front Porch: I Pledge Alligence to the Constitution of the United States of America. And to the Republic for which it guarantees, One Nation, Undeniable, with Liberty, Truth, and Justice for All.

Monday, January 02, 2006

A New Year, Let's Hope it's a Good One

I hope I've exhausted most of my angst about the cognitive dissonance of Evangelicism in 21st century America...I'm starting to bore myself on the subject. Let's leave it at Jesus knew war was wrong, no matter who or what you're waging it on. 'Nuff said.

On more secular planes, how 'bout those Seahawks??? Being a born a Southerner, I'm not sure I could call my interest in football secular, but my boys in blue-n-green are sure having a spectacular season. I've had a soft spot for the Seahawks for years, long before I ever knew I'd one day call Seattle home. Being my dad's daughter, I was raised watching NFL games always rooting fer the underdogs (We're from Arkansas -- our belov-ed Razorbacks have a history of being the underdogs; gives one a twisted but sincere sort of pride mixed with humility. And Lawdy, don't it make a winning season sweet!!!). I still believe in sportsmanship, and I have yet to hear a Seattle crowd boo it's own team...we're believers up here, bub. They might not always win, but they're our boys and girls (go STORM). And honestly, there are few things more refreshing to me than watching a good close football game. Sadly, I do yell at the TV, but what the hell. There are worse vices.

Yesterday I saw Shaun Alexander get stripped and fumble the ball. I was shocked, and with good reason. First time Shaun's let a ball get away from him this year. Like an old Razorbacker, I take it in stride (better now than later!). A fond goodbye to Mr. Favre (say it ain't so, Brett!) and I'm looking forward to the playoffs. Hey, how 'bout ol' Flutie? Good on him for an old fashioned extra point.

Must run and watch the rest of the Sugar Bowl...31 28 4th quarter. Good stuff.

I'll be back on my soapbox soon (Capitol One Bowl? Where the hell did that come from???). Peace and love, y'all.

2 Comments:

Blogger enigma4ever said...

Seahawks are truly kicking ass this year..finally..a miracle season....( and of course I am not there...)

1:27 PM  
Blogger meldonna said...

Don't it figure! I hate to say the *S* word and jinx us, but keep your fingers crossed!!!

It sure is nice to have something positive going on for a change, ain't it?

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home