The American Renaissance

Baja Canada del Sur: Comedy and Comment in the Age of Occupation

My Photo
Name:
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas

found done in needlepoint on Mel's Front Porch: I Pledge Alligence to the Constitution of the United States of America. And to the Republic for which it guarantees, One Nation, Undeniable, with Liberty, Truth, and Justice for All.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Kickoff

It's here...the holiday season. This year, I'm opting out of the stress. I had a couple of friends over Wednesday night, and we ordered a pizza, drank a bit too much, and had a lovely evening sharing stories. I woke up today, had a couple of coldcut turkey sandwiches, and was Thankful.

I have many things to be thankful for -- family love (members of which range from the intelligent to dog-ignorant; thank god most have a good sense of humor), a great set of friends, and a home place of my own I love. It's small, but Lord, it's comfy. I am truly thankful for it, and everybody who's helped me get here.

I just put in Dances With Wolves, an appropriate choice to wind down this day. If the durn Injuns hadn't fed the Pilgrims...well, nobody would have got hit on the head with a streetlamp watching the Macy's parade. Makes me remember a prehistoric butterfly.

Hope everybody else has a 4-day weekend to enjoy; I be back soon full of piss and vinegar about the politics. Until then, eat too much, give a dollar or two to the homeless fella you run across, and be well.

Peace out.

1 Comments:

Blogger enigma4ever said...

You too. have a good holiday weekend...eat turkey and watch movies and stay dry... peace....

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home