The American Renaissance

Baja Canada del Sur: Comedy and Comment in the Age of Occupation

My Photo
Name:
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas

found done in needlepoint on Mel's Front Porch: I Pledge Alligence to the Constitution of the United States of America. And to the Republic for which it guarantees, One Nation, Undeniable, with Liberty, Truth, and Justice for All.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I just don't know what to say

A lady tonight, a member of one of the mineworkers' family, said it best.

"We're West Virginians. We may be dumb, but we love our families."

I came from the country myself, and I know country folk ain't dumb -- they're what makes us what we are.

There's a lot of us all over this country just besides ourselves. My deepest wishes go out to the families for strenght.

And I just don't know what more to say.

3 Comments:

Blogger qrswave said...

country folk, city folk, white folk, brown folk, rich folk, poor folk--we're all human.

We all love our families, we all have hopes and fears, and we are all one day going to die.

That's what makes us what we are--human--and that's what should make us care for one another.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Peace.

10:22 PM  
Blogger meldonna said...

I've got a candle lit tonight for us all. And I'm trying so hard not to focus on the politics of all this tonight, because it's not right, or respectful, just yet.

I know a lot of folks, from many walks of life -- we all cry saltwater, don't we?

I feel a lot of anger myself, but I'm diciplining it into focus...and lord knows I understand why people in that church wanted to swing a fist when they were so cruelly dissapointed. I'm just trying to focus my caring on those so hurt right now.

We'll do what we need to to fix all this later.

Blessings to you as well...and thanks in the large picture for being part of solutions.

peace out.

10:50 PM  
Blogger enigma4ever said...

thanks for what you wrote, and yes, i sense that you are righton,,,and Kanye- godluv'him,he may indeed be wrong- it ain't nothing to do with color- it is about People...all kinds...so sad..we too had candles lit since Monday night...I don't think Bush or Cheny know anything about love...( qrs pointed out)....

in many ways it is like Katrina- there are not enough tears...

namaste...

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home