The American Renaissance

Baja Canada del Sur: Comedy and Comment in the Age of Occupation

My Photo
Name:
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas

found done in needlepoint on Mel's Front Porch: I Pledge Alligence to the Constitution of the United States of America. And to the Republic for which it guarantees, One Nation, Undeniable, with Liberty, Truth, and Justice for All.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Oh, boy. Here he goes again.


Happy Valentine's Day from Our Only President! Yes, indeedy, there goes Shrub again, and he's once again at his normal abnormally petulent and belligerant level. Man, does he hate talking to the press. Even this lap-dog press that kisses his ass!
I'm going to watch the rest of the press conference and I'll be back later to update this post; feel free to comment in the meantime.
************

Classic Shrubbery

Sweet Child of God, where do I start? I'll warn you, folks, I've been dealing with trying to get information from recalcitrant medical professionals today, which was enough to set my teeth on edge anyway. And that's on top of enduring Bush's first press conference of the year? I'm not sure I can remain a gentleman about this, but here goes.

The gist of W's very poorly prepared (even for him) opening statement was this: I've listened to everybody, and I'm going to do it my way anyhow.

Well, gee whiz, what a surprise.
Then we moved on to the adversarial portion of the exibition, the spanking of the press. Molly Ivins was right. Not only is this guy a bad president, he's just fucking rude. Not a trait of any true Texan. Or any real Southerner of any flavor.
But once again, I digress. I won't bore you with too many of the particulars; just a few of the Special Moments we all cherish.

First there was the usual malapropisms. Calling Iran "Iraq" at least twice in one breath, without even apparently realizing it, was the least of sins. I'm also interested in how Bush plans to convince "the Iranians to get rid of its nucular weapons". I wasn't aware Iran had the bomb yet, but then again I've never had the precognition Our Only President possesses. Maybe possessed is the word I'm looking for here.

Then there was the reporter who had the gall to ask a pointed Libby trial question. Bush swatted him down with "I'm not talking about that" three times (similar in a way to a situation involving another Peter, before the famous rooster crowed). Good for him that Bush offered to 'recycle' him. Because our prez believes he is a "kind man". Ask someone who used to live in the Lower 9th how kind he is.

Meanwhile, let us thank the gods Bush refuses to be the Pundit in Chief...although he is still a talking head for No Child's Behind Left. He says he hears the complaints, some say there's "too much testing", others "don't want to be held to account". I say let Bush himself pass a high-school TASL, or WASL, or whatever they call the 10th grade test in your state. I mean, if your kid has to have that to get just an HS diploma, don't you think your President should have that proficiency as well? And if he flunks it, I think he owes every kid in America free college tuition. I call that "compassionate investment".

Last but not least, I think I was most charmed by Shrub baldly stating, in reference to trying to impose international sanctions, "money trumps peace sometimes".

Again, I quote Mama's phrase. Well, gee whiz, what a surprise.
Better yet, my brother's "well ain't DAT a bitch".

My advice late on this VD? Make sure you tell your honey you love 'em and give 'em a squeeze. If you're single, call your mom or favorite aunt tomorrow just for shits and grins. Hold forth with laughter and joy; and everything we cry over we fight tomorrow.

Me? I'm scheming on my own local Pots~n~Pans Brigade. Molly said raise more hell.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mel, I WAS going to wish you a Happy V-Day, but just completely lost my appetite. Sorry, pictures of DebGeorge affect me that way. I had been successfully avoiding seeing GWB for a few days. He says he's been too busy to follow the iraq debates. So, does that mean he's freed his mind to concentrate on iran? Now I really am gonna be sick. Maybe if Ahmadinijihad sends him some candy roses sprinkled with Love Potion #9, those two can finally get together & spend the rest of their days wandering in some barren rocky desert with their camels, bibles & korans, safely away from the rest of humanity. ~~ D.K.

11:26 AM  
Blogger azgoddess said...

love the pic -- love it!! happy v-day!!

2:28 PM  
Blogger meldonna said...

Well, happy VD to both of you, too. I'll be back in a couple of hours with this post updated. Today's press conference was classic Shrubbery.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Dada said...

Well that was another classic press conference, wasn't it? I love it when Bush is being asked a difficult question by some perky pressman.

If Bush senses he's being challenged he suddenly loses all facial control below his nose, i.e., his mouth begins twisting and contorting, his jaw gets so defiant of the upper 2/3's of his face trying to maintain its noncommittal insouciance. But he can't. A dead giveaway of a challenge. But that rarely happens, after all this is the press with its kandy koated kwestions. But I mostly watch it for those rare moments.

Its its the press that ought to all be taken out and shot for not maintaining an atmosphere of challenge, for their subserviant snickering and sniggering at Bush's great disarming ill-humored attempts at *funny*.

Now there's some hangings I'd travel great distances to see. And with their loss, things wouldn't change much. They never asked the tough questions anyway. ~Dada

5:34 AM  
Blogger meldonna said...

I'm with you, Da...hang 'em all and let God sort 'em out. The fourth estate has failed us miserably, and continues to do so.

BTW, I caught your post awhile back on Anna Nicole, and I agree heartily. I hope you forgive me for blogging on her to get in the cheap OJ joke (another source of distraction in and of himself). I will be back in fighting form soon, as the dust settles here in the Land of Opportunity for me personally. And as soon as I connect up with some local rabble-rousers. I am intent on starting a Pots-and-Pans Brigade as soon as I get me some wheels...

peace, brother.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home