The American Renaissance

Baja Canada del Sur: Comedy and Comment in the Age of Occupation

My Photo
Name:
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas

found done in needlepoint on Mel's Front Porch: I Pledge Alligence to the Constitution of the United States of America. And to the Republic for which it guarantees, One Nation, Undeniable, with Liberty, Truth, and Justice for All.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I need a flask


But for a good reason...unless circumstances interfere, I plan to be downtown Thursday afternoon for the World Can't Wait protest...should I get lucky enough to get a mike, I just might share some of the hilarious limericks several of you spent a lot of time writing. And as I am terrified of public speaking, I might just carry with me some fairly well concealed Bailey's. Irish Courage and Limericks don't seem to be a bad mix to me! And authors will be acknowledged by screen names...wish me well.

Just trying to turn words into action. And I'll be trying to tell my knees not to knock as well! Cheers, all.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mark Prime (tpm/Confession Zero) said...

Have a great time and good luck...

Peace.

6:14 AM  
Blogger Dada said...

Go for it Mel! Would love to be in the audience, esp. if you make up to the mike!

8:44 AM  
Blogger azgoddess said...

ahh yes...i plan on doing the same here -- i work at a college campus..

hugs and i'm sure you'll do great!!!

10:59 AM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Cool. Tell them what we are thinking and tell them just as loud as you can. I'll be with you in spirit. :)

I'll be out in my Hummer Limo just driving around and wasting gas.


(yes, that sure is a joke. no hummer or limo or hummer limo lives at my address)

12:59 PM  
Blogger enigma4ever said...

I Mel- I sure as hell hope you got the Mike...you rock...and I also hope you had a good time....Seattle KNOWS how to do these protests right...

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home