The American Renaissance

Baja Canada del Sur: Comedy and Comment in the Age of Occupation

My Photo
Name:
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas

found done in needlepoint on Mel's Front Porch: I Pledge Alligence to the Constitution of the United States of America. And to the Republic for which it guarantees, One Nation, Undeniable, with Liberty, Truth, and Justice for All.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Seattle Support for Cindy Sheehan

Just got back from a candlelight vigil at Denny Way and Dexter. One of several vigils held in Seattle, about 50-some-odd folks (and several Dogs Against War -- I believe the ringleader was a Chihuahua mix) took the time out tonight to show their support for Ms. Sheehan, and her efforts to bring the war to an end. I felt privileged, as I ended up standing between two veterans, people who understand what war is. Like most Americans, I understand a need to defend our country, and am proud as hell of our folks who put themselves on the line. It is just common sense to never, ever, put them in harm's way unless justified.

We received much encouragement from pedestrians, drivers honking and waving, including several taxi drivers, and the driver of the Metro #26 bus (headed, of course, for Fremont!). In the spirit of Fair and Balanced, the single dissent honked and flipped us the bird. Take heart, at least it's half a peace sign!

Look forward to further posts, as I'm planning a series of short essays on issues concerning the motivations of the administration, from a viewpoint I have yet to see. I may be preaching to the choir, but I hope to stir some debate on how liberals, progressives, and true conservatives might work effectively to right our ship of state. All is not lost, folks.

Until next time,
*mel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home